Wednesday

I Love LFJ


My dear dear friends since I was knee high ( honestly knee high) are the brains and brawn behind the amazing and beautiful jewelry line Lizzie Fortunato Jewels

A little back story:
 Lizzie has been making jewelry since we were about 12. After she gave up her dream of being a cartoonist, she got into beads and 6 years later her sister Kathryn, ever the business woman, is organizing trunk shows out of their dorm room at Duke, raking in them Tri Deltas' daddies' dollars.

Nearly 10 years after that my oldest best friends are kind of a big deal and continuously creating jaw dropping pieces and collections.

When I first moved to NYC, Lizzie gave me a job as production person in her mini sweatshop... uh studio. We spent hours sewing chain to chain, stringing beads, drinking bodega coffee, and talking about Friday Night Lights.
Best Job ever.
Once I started my own little biz, Lizzie let me practice my skills and hired me to do some prop/plant styling for their lookbooks. We collaborated on a headpiece (remember this shoot way back when) and I made cactus aquariums ( which makes no sense when you say it out loud, but thats what we called them) and then last season she asked me to make a wall of roses!
Who knows what's next.
Needless to say it's pretty awesome when you get to work with your best friends.


She (Lizzie) also has a blog which everyone should read regularly if they don't already. She about the daily musings of LFJ, things she finds inspiring or photos from their travels around the globe. The kid (both kids actually) has got good taste to say the least and so it's always a pleasure scrolling through the collection of images she curated for the daily blahblahblog.
And sometimes she features me
And all of our friends!

LOVE YOU TWINKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment